Feature Request: Map Overlays

Тема: Feature Request: Map Overlays

Feature Overview

• We want to be able to add a layer to the map in Wialon that will overlay the main map. The specific example we want to use this for is to overlay a weather radar on the map so our customers can see real time information about storms in the area.
  • The current means to do this would be to use external scripts that will load a custom javascript file on the page
  • I have reached out to Gurtam about the feature and was told to post here. That conversation is also where I learned about the external scripts option

End Users
We have customers who have requested this, specifically landscaping companies and EMS companies that rely on real time weather updates to make route decisions.

Potential Profit or Loss
We have more than 1 customer that has requested this feature. It's hard for me to estimate how many units we could convert to Wialon based solely on this feature, but I think it's something a lot of our customers would like and we would definitely be able to convert at least the ones that have specifically asked about it.

Re: Feature Request: Map Overlays

Agreed.

-Eron
Fleetistics.com

Hello, tuckerBA!
Now we have integration with two serviсes that provide weather information in different regions: OpenWeatherMap and AerisWeather.
Which source do you want to use for weather information?

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

mana пишет:

Hello, tuckerBA!
Now we have integration with two serviсes that provide weather information in different regions: OpenWeatherMap and AerisWeather.
Which source do you want to use for weather information?

We currently use this, it works great. You can enable and disable access to weather maps by creating a new site/cname and letting Gurtam know of this request.