Feature Request: Device Category and Sort options

(edited by techdev 13/10/2018 02:28:42)

Topic: Feature Request: Device Category and Sort options

Hello

I wonder if there is any chance to add to the development road map, the option to group devices by category or sort by status like connected/disconnected.
And also extend the device search to include any field, like group, ident or name (case insensitive and partial search using like %statement%)

I know your busy with a lot of other things, but these missing features are becoming more important with the increased number of devices in the platform, so better now than after.

Today, i'm working around this, using the device name for sorting and search

ex: GROUP - ID - DEVICE NAME

Other thing to add to the UI is the number of units returned by the search filter (counting by your own is not easy with a lot of devices)

Well that are my suggestions so far

I'm really active on flespi and you guys already know me tongue

Greatings to Nadzeya, Alexander, Aliaksei and all of you that support me.

Best regards

Desarrollo e integración de sistemas
System development and integration
Разработка системы и интеграция
www.techdev.cl

Re: Feature Request: Device Category and Sort options

techdev, thanks for the feature request. What kind of GUI you are talking about? flespi has plenty of them.

In your application you may select all connected vehicles at the same time filtering them by name mask by using API, like:

curl -X GET  --header 'Authorization: FlespiToken XXXXX' 'https://flespi.io/gw/devices/connected%3Dtrue%2Cname%3D*'

Read more information about the call itself and FAQ section in flespi REST API, you need to understand selectors options.

Regarding flespi device itself, we do not plan to add any additional field/category except name there as all these fields are out of the backend and depends on the project you are using flespi with.

Follow us on http://www.facebook.com/Gurtam
And take a look at new IoT backend by Gurtam.

Hello Shal

I'm refering to flespi.io Web UI

Best regards

www.techdev.cl

techdev, I will forward you wishes about filtered devices count number to appropriate developer.

Regarding other wishes - flespi.io is just a control panel over backend, main GUI tool is a toolbox that is used for diagnose the issues with devices, channels, streams. We have a in plans to develop nice feature-full device management GUI, but this is not earlier then next year and not in the priority list.

At the same time good GUI is extremely important, especially talking about growing qty of devices. I recommend to you contact  our partners and ask to quote for the solution. GoldenM is especially strong in this kind of developments and located in your timezone.

Hi shal

As I said, this was a suggestion for the Web UI aiming to the new users.
We, on the other side as developers have developed our own custom solutions based in flespi and wialon, and also for other partners locally.
Our services mostly target mining, retail and logistics, in which we have used a combination of flespi, in-house servers and Wialon
May be you can add us to the list.
Best Regards

www.techdev.cl

techdev, one of the upcoming features for flespi devices is tags - e.g. custom grouping. Once the feature will be added to flespi, panel will by adopted to use it. Probably this is what you are looking to. This will be tightly integrated with Wialon Space tags so that you may use same tags for multiple platforms.