Massive creation of objects

Тема: Massive creation of objects

hello,

I would like to have a tool that will allow us to import via .csv dozens or hundreds of objects at once.

I already asked support for this...but maybe here someone is also interested on this feature...

Why?????

It takes too much time adding one by one.

We would only need fields:

UNIT NAME
IMEI
PHONE

If you add me also custom fields..

Thanks

Locating things

Re: Massive creation of objects

locationGPS ,

Hello Pablo,

Thanks for your idea.
I agree that this feature will be saved much your work time if you import many units very often. Thus, I have one question:
How often do you import many units at once? If it is once or twice a year, you can contact with our sales manager. They can help you with this action.

We must know that a new feature will be valuable for many users because the implementation of this feature has some tricky moment.
Partners, what do you think about this idea? Sharing your cases and opinion with us.

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

Hello,
every day we would use this import tool..my Manager would kill me if I ask him for it.

Even having 10 per day will save us much many time.

Think that is not just the adding of device...it is everything that involves a new client order.

As more fluent we make those procedures as more time for sales or support or being in a beach having a good beer! smile

thanks

Locating things

locationGPS ,

We can recommend you a way how can you solve the problem:
- You can create some units template and then import them one by one via WLP.
For example, you have general sensors, commands and information in each unit. If you import this template unit, you should fill private information only.

Will this solution help you to solve the problem?

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

our typical way of creating many units is:
create account
give account read acces to our report template account.
create one unit
set custom fields, sensors manualy (could be also imported but we are so fast with that now)
total time per account less than one minute.

adding new (many units) to the account = ctrl-click to the existing unit, just add phone and imei (we use for all barcodes and barcode scanner), you can add rount about 10 units per minute of working time. And they are all good configured etc.

Wolf.

P.S. I am dreaming of a a connection of our local cms and Wialon, but still we are not big enough to develop something like a API connection

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Hello,

We are similarly adding in new units like wwbusch aka Buwo but I agree a mass import tool using a .csv could be helpful. We are currently adding about 60 new units into our system. Typically we may add several dozen units every quarter before the unit deactivation feature was added in February. However, moving units in and out of the system using a .csv may be more streamlined for us and somewhat easier to keep track. Using tables to organize our units is currently how we keep track of our inventory outside of Wialon. Copying and pasting those units into a .csv would allow for easy importing and updating our records. On the extreme end, the looming sunset of CDMA in America will has us planning new inventory upwards of several hundred units to be added as replacements - this sounds like something our sales manager can help with based on shve's recommendation (?).

Cheers,