flespi gateway

Тема: flespi gateway

Wonna split traffic from device into multiple platforms? Not enough information in Wialon parameters? Need remote web-based SMS(free) or GPRS configurator? Need 10 years of storage for unit messages? Need to use another "unique ID"? Get tired of remembering all these Teltonika's "paramXX" and conversion tables? Need more diagnostic for incoming data or retranslation?

Try flespi, it is free. You just need to know phone number of the device to reconfigure it via SMS directly to flespi.

At the same time you need to create in Wialon unit of flespi gateway type and stream it to Wialon with flespi HTTP stream so that you have same unit with same data in Wialon.

Extra features you get:
1. Remote configuration.
2. Different level of parameters parsing, more generic scheme, normalized parameter names and values.
3. Extra storage (up to 10 years) per device.
4. Connectivity to other platforms (in both directions).
5. Extra diagnostic information in case of any problems.

Read connection instructions here.

At the dark side of telematics...

flespi gateway

Re: flespi gateway

flespi sounds like a great tool the more we hear about it, only issue is we have no one qualified in how to use it. sad

May I suggest uploading some "how to" tutorials for simple understanding and how to maximise the use, or are these already available?

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

flespi gateway

FleetPursuit, in a few words you can use flespi to solve diagnostic issues with devices, use OTA web-based configurator or do more with telemetry data flow from devices - store it separately, split into multiple platforms, etc.

Yes we have some tutorials of course. I recommend you to visit either blog nor docs for actual information on flespi and how to use it.

The only problem we have so far is that features development rate is so fast that 6-month old articles are almost not yet actual. To receive updates you can subscribe to flespi News Telegram channel or to this forum topic.

flespi gateway

Actions you need to fulfill in order to connect device=>flespi=>Wialon:

1. Register flespi account (just login via any of your social network accounts).
2. Create channel, select any of protocols integrated into flespi.
2.2. Optionally, you can create devices directly in flespi, especially if you need to configure their settings remotely. flespi provides free SMS for this.
2.3. Both devices and channels connectivity and configuration can be self-checked with toolbox.
3. Create stream that will forward all incoming data into either channel nor (created)devices to Wialon Hosting. Select HTTP type of stream and URI for Wialon Hosting is  http://193.193.165.165:21548/ Do not forget to subscribe stream to channels and devices. It will forward only newly received messages, not historical.
3.1 You can upgrade device unique identifier received by Wialon in stream configuration, by default it is ident parameter of incoming message, which is usually IMEI or custom programmed number in device.
3.2.Verify stream message delivery with toolbox.
4. Create associated units in Wialon, select flespi gateway type of device and correct unique ID from step 3.1 above.

That is, nothing complicated.

flespi gateway

For those who are ready to get more from devices on Wialon we have created a step-by-step guide on how-to (and why) reconnect device to Wialon via flespi.

flespi gateway

i can confirm that Flespi is cool. Easy to work with, documentation is very good on flespi.com
Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

flespi gateway

I miss the Wialon IPS protocol on streams sad only retranslator so far.

Other thing, I delete a test channel and test stream but they still appear in toolbox as 'deleted' how you really delete or purge that data?

Desarrollo e integración de sistemas
System development and integration
Разработка системы и интеграция
www.techdev.cl

flespi gateway

(22/02/2018 10:01:30 отредактировано spev)

techdev
Don't worry - all the data, except system logs, was deleted. Deleted items do not occupy your storage. They sit on the list until the system logs get automatically cleared.

We recommend using the "flespi gateway" device type. Manual

Telegram: Обновления Wialon, Wialon updates
Google Chrome Extensions: Wialon Units Map | Gurtam Forum Notifications | Wialon Apps Launcher
Evgenij Spitsyn, Developer, flespi team

flespi gateway

techdev пишет:

Other thing, I delete a test channel and test stream but they still appear in toolbox as 'deleted' how you really delete or purge that data?

It's a feature, not a bug)) We store all actions and information about the objects for 10(free)-30(commercial) days after deletion, so that you may always check the settings, the author of deletion and restore them appropriately.

Wialon IPS forks dedicated TCP connection per each device and thus is not applicable for streaming between platforms, as spev told, please use flespi gateway device type in Wialon and HTTP stream from flespi.

If you want same data to your platform there are number of pull/push options from flespi.

flespi gateway

Hi guys

Thanks for your prompt answer.

I want to connect flespi with my server that run wialon IPS protocol, thats why im not using flespi gateway on Wialon Hosting, my server send data back to Wialon Hosting using wialon IPS as well.

device > flespi gateway > my server running ips protocol > wialon hosting using wialon ips

I dont want to pull data from flespi, just I want to receive the data as FIFO

My server performs BI and complex data parsing complementary to data sended to wialon hosting.

Regards

Desarrollo e integración de sistemas
System development and integration
Разработка системы и интеграция
www.techdev.cl

flespi gateway

techdev, Wialon IPS won't be supported for streaming directly from flespi because this protocol is for connecting device to platform, not for connecting platforms. I recommend you to switch either to Wialon Retranslator protocol which will minimize load to you server and deliver you whole raw data packets, not just part of it like in IPS or use flespi HTTPS stream.