Determining duration of Unit as either a Delivery or Pick Up vehicle

(11/09/2017 04:24:54 отредактировано jonasf_ph)

Тема: Determining duration of Unit as either a Delivery or Pick Up vehicle

Hi everyone. 

I would like to find out if anyone has encountered a similar case as mine.

My client has trucks that are routinely used for either Delivery or Pick Up (of cargo).  On a given day, a truck, for example, can be tasked with one or more Delivery in the morning and one or more Pick Up in the afternoon.   The client is able to know arrival, departure and duration at each location using the Geofence report since all Delivery and Pick Up locations are geofenced in WH.

The client would like to know though how much time is spent in Delivery vs. Pick Up activity.  This helps them with utilization information.

I created 2 Unit Groups:   Delivery and Pick Up.  The client would move the Unit between these Groups manually during the day.  Problem is, client finds this tedious and they still don't know how much time is spent by the truck as either a Delivery truck or Pick Up truck since there's no report that can give this info (ex. 4 hours as Delivery and 2 hours as Pick Up)

Can anyone suggest a way to automate things for them:
1. If we assign a route to the trucks and somehow be able designate each check point as either a Delivery or Pick Up.  Easier for the client, of course, if they could use the Logistics moduel.
2. When the truck enters the geofence of the Delivery or Pick Up location, the truck becomes tagged as a Delviery or Pick Up truck.

The tagging would be best implemented as changing the value of a Custom Sensor so that we could use Sensor Tracing table in a report but i don't know if this possible. .

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Re: Determining duration of Unit as either a Delivery or Pick Up vehicle

The same solution needed for us also. I think we can use a Digital Input for this purpose. For example if the driver Switch ON the Digital Input then we can consider as " Delivery Time" . If he Switch OFF the Digital Input then we can consider as its " Pick Up time". Please tell me the Pros and Cons in this idea.
Thanks & Regards

Vasudevan.M

Re: Determining duration of Unit as either a Delivery or Pick Up vehicle

Hello,

The client would like to know though how much time is spent in Delivery vs. Pick Up activity.  This helps them with utilization information.

I'll describe several ways, how you can do it.

The client is able to know arrival, departure and duration at each location using the Geofence report since all Delivery and Pick Up locations are geofenced in WH.

If all the delivery and pick up placed are marked as geofences, then the easiest way to get information about different types of trips is the following:

• Create 2 groups of geofences -- "Delivery" and "Pick up" -- containing appropriate geofences.
  • Create 2 tables "Rides".
  • In 1st table choose group "Delivery" as both starting and terminal point.
  • In 2st table choose group "Pick up" as both starting and terminal point.

1. If we assign a route to the trucks and somehow be able designate each check point as either a Delivery or Pick Up.  Easier for the client, of course, if they could use the Logistics moduel.

While creating new order in Logistics app you can use tags "delivery" and "pick up" -- it will fasten route creation on further steps. (Also you can mark order as permanent, if the same place should be visited on several days (e.g. every work days).)
While creating route you will use tags to sort delivery from pick up. So every route will contain orders only of one type.
Reports on routes can be seen in Logistics or in Wialon. If you choose Wialon to display report, then you should use table "Orders". With a help of grouping by routes and some second criteria, you'll see the needed information. (Second criteria for filtration can be client name from order "Dilvery"/"Pick up" or confirmation comment from driver "Dilvery"/"Pick up".)

2. When the truck enters the geofence of the Delivery or Pick Up location, the truck becomes tagged as a Delviery or Pick Up truck.
The tagging would be best implemented as changing the value of a Custom Sensor so that we could use Sensor Tracing table in a report but i don't know if this possible.

Sensor values are based on information received from tracker.
If tracker model allows to change some parameter (e.g. output value) with a help of command, then you can use geofence control notification and action type "Execute command". It will allow to sort information based on changing parameter.

@ Oleg Zharkovsky
Customer Service / Quality Control and Training
"Timely is the best. But still better late than never."