Hiding track line between points

Тема: Hiding track line between points

(Igor from Help System told me to make this request here)

Sometimes when the GPS/GSM signal is lost for some minutes, the track lines cause more problems than it helps in visualizing the current locations (like, signal is lost before going from one side of a river to the other, then a straight line to the new location a couple of minutes later, very far from the bridge heh)

Likewise, when the vehicle goes around circling a small place/area various times, the image gets overloaded with a lot of lines.

I would like to request the inclusion of an option to make the line thinner (1px) and hide (0px?) the track between the points on the "Tracks" menu,  where you can select an interval and color and pixel size, making the map show only the dots with the coordinates received.

I changed the pixel size to 1px (with firebug help), it worked -- and the thinner line is much more pleasing on the "small area circling" episodes -- why we have only 3px minimum? smile Sadly, changing that to zero did not work, so it seems that you will need to make a little change in the backend too.

Could you forward to the devs this request and tell if it can be done?

Here is a mashup I made to illustrate what an "invisible" line looks like wink
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/552/WialonHiddenTrack.png

Cheers,
--
Eliphas

Re: Hiding track line between points

Hello Eliphas,

You mean you want to have only points visible, without track?

To implement this we need some more people asking for the same feature. They can post in this thread.

At the dark side of telematics...

(03/04/2011 19:57:27 отредактировано eliphas)

Hello shal!

shal пишет:

You mean you want to have only points visible, without track?

Yes, just the points. When there are many points in a tiny location the track lines do not help much, only add to the clutter. And when the interval between two points are far apart (like when the GPS signal is lost for some minutes), the straight lines from a point to another gives the impression that the tracker just headed straight to that other location, which does not make sense.

shal пишет:

To implement this we need some more people asking for the same feature. They can post in this thread.

/me wishes that more people need this wink

eliphas, your feature was implemented and you can see it after next update.

At the dark side of telematics...

Superb, thank you very much shal!

My regards smile
--
Eliphas