Tracker for non powered assets

Тема: Tracker for non powered assets

Hi,

We have been asked by one of our good clients that hire plant, equipment out to their customers. We have GPS tracking in place for all these and other mobile assets of theirs.

They have asked if we are able to provide a low cost GPS device that they could incorporate with other assets they also hire out.

For example they would like to track their portable toilets, they have hundreds. Managing them requires a lot of admin. They are hoping to get a device that will log the asset location 1 or 2 times a day max. Accessing from their Wialon account, this will allow them to group and more importantly better manage these assets.

Obviously the device needs to be low cost given the number of units they'd need, it would need to be self powered. Only kind of devices I've come across are for kids and pets which is not suitable few a number of reasons.

Can anyone recommend or suggest something appropriate?

Many thank.

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

Re: Tracker for non powered assets

FleetPursuit
It seems that you need smth. like this:
https://gurtam.com/en/gps-hardware/asse … D=magnetic
The price depends on the battery capacity.
Battery with high capacity can't be very cheap.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

Thanks yavi.

I will review these devices and investigate pricing.

I had in my mind something small like the ones you see that are placed on a pets collar. These usually contain a button battery but use Bluetooth and not on Wialon otherwise this would probably ideal being so cheap.

These assets don't actually need to be tracked just the last known location.

Onwards and Upwards!!

FleetPursuit Small gps trackers can't work very long time without charging.
If you are ready to charge the battery every  week -- of course you can use small personal trackers.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

Thanks yavi, like I said I am unfamiliar with these kind of trackers/battery use etc. Hence the reach out to the community.

The client asked up if we could come up with a cost effective solution - we said we would investigate and let them know what we find and if it was viable regarding costs given the volume needed.

Onwards and Upwards!!

I  the best choice for your project is any tracker with solar pannel that charges batteries.Otherwise, low cost of devices will mask further regular expences regarding charging and replacement the batteries.

FleetPursuit
Hi!

Please check our cGuard Beacon IP67 asset tracker. 3000 messages at one battery. 2 Sim, A-GPS, LBS availible. Could be built in 2G or 3G versions.

Best regards, Alexander

ООО Сигард - производство навигационного оборудования
8 800 250 19 08
www.cguard.ru

cGuard пишет:

FleetPursuit
Hi!

Please check our cGuard Beacon IP67 asset tracker. 3000 messages at one battery. 2 Sim, A-GPS, LBS availible. Could be built in 2G or 3G versions.

Best regards, Alexander

Thanks, Alexander. Will it operate with Australian 3G specs and what are we looking at regarding price and battery-life if logging is e.g. once per day?

Happy for you to PM me direct with pricing, full specs etc..

Cheers,
Alan.

Onwards and Upwards!!

FleetPursuit пишет:
cGuard пишет:

FleetPursuit
Hi!

Best regards, Alexander

Thanks, Alexander. Will it operate with Australian 3G specs and what are we looking at regarding price and battery-life if logging is e.g. once per day?

Cheers,
Alan.

Alan, wrote you. Yes it will work in Australia. As I said our power budget is 3000 messages - you could use them as you want, for example if you will send data twice a day it will work for 4 years.

8 800 250 19 08
www.cguard.ru

cGuard пишет:
FleetPursuit пишет:
cGuard пишет:

FleetPursuit
Hi!

Best regards, Alexander

Cheers,
Alan.

Alan, wrote you. Yes it will work in Australia. As I said our power budget is 3000 messages - you could use them as you want, for example if you will send data twice a day it will work for 4 years.

Price and MOQ? Am expecting not to be exactly "cheap" but will review and let client determine if it is an option. Thanks.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Apologies, you PM just came through.

Onwards and Upwards!!

the Beacon works really stable... If Cguard has a 850MHZ 3G Version for you it would be perfect for you.

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

the Beacon works really stable... If Cguard has a 850MHZ 3G Version for you it would be perfect for you.

Wolf.

Thanks for the insight and info. Cheers, Alan.

Onwards and Upwards!!

cGuard пишет:

Alan, wrote you. Yes it will work in Australia. As I said our power budget is 3000 messages

Be so kind to note - Australia has only 3G and 4G for data communication.
This is the first country in the world that close all old GSM technology.

www.guardmagic.com ;
www.tankercontrol.com;

Products for vehicle and fuel monitoring

GuardMagic пишет:
cGuard пишет:

Alan, wrote you. Yes it will work in Australia. As I said our power budget is 3000 messages

Be so kind to note - Australia has only 3G and 4G for data communication.
This is the first country in the world that close all old GSM technology.

Yes, we have 3G version of Beacon.

8 800 250 19 08
www.cguard.ru