Send/Receive Chatterbox messages

Тема: Send/Receive Chatterbox messages

I am trying to create a simple Android GPS Tracker in which I can also receive and send messages to the chatterbox functionality.
I do know how to get the messages from the SDK using the getMessages method and filtering out the ca:"__app_chatterbox_msg"

But how do I send these messages from my application to the chatterbox?
Also how do I activate this functionality for my device? At the moment I can only send SMS messages, but I want to send them over TCP/http ofcourse.

Hope I made myself clear, thanks in advance.

Re: Send/Receive Chatterbox messages

Hello

There's two different applications, lets say

• Tracker - app that works as GPS Tracker and send information to Wialon using specific protocol
  • Client - app that works with Wialon using Remote API and SDK

If you're going to create first type app you no need information about SDK, getMessages and "__app_chatterbox_msg".
You need specific messages format that you'll send to wialon server and get response from server (protocol).
For example, you can use Wialon IPS protocol. When you send 'Message to driver' using it - you'll get new text message in Wialon (both in Hosting and Chatterbox)

Ok, I've worked with the Wialon IPS so that won't be a problem, I'll have a look, thanks

I have managed to send messages to the server using the Android client so that part works fine.

Now I'm trying to receive messages from the server(Chatterbox client) to the tracker.
What port should I listen on for the receiving of messages, or should I just start a bufferedReader on the sockets inputstream?

Dennis пишет:

What port should I listen on for the receiving of messages, or should I just start a bufferedReader on the sockets inputstream?

bufferedReader on the sockets inputstream should work