SUGGESTION: Automatic updates of Unique ID on units in Retranslator

Тема: SUGGESTION: Automatic updates of Unique ID on units in Retranslator

Hello,

We have recently been using the retranslator in Wialon quite a lot to push data to other systems, however we had an issue recently were a customer wanted to swtich tracking devices between vehicles that were already created in Wialon and in use by the retranslator.

So, we swtich the Unique ID's and other device related information between Units in Wialon, and could see that data was coming through correctly to the Unit in Wialon, however was not coming through correctly in our other system.

After troubleshooting, we eventually realised that even though we had updated the Unique ID on the Unit, the change wasn't reflected against the Unit in the retranslator. As such we needed to either update the Unique ID manually against the Unit in the retranslator, or remove and re-add the Unit to the retranslator.

While this was a simple change in isolation, I think a good quality of life change would be to have Unique ID's update automatically in the retranslator when a change is made in Wialon, or at least to provide a prompt to the User. I think it would save a lot of potential troubleshooting for retranslator users, especially ones that use it at scale.

Thank you.

SUGGESTION: Automatic updates of Unique ID on units in Retranslator

Re: SUGGESTION: Automatic updates of Unique ID on units in Retranslator

Dear Taggsie,

Thank you for your suggestion, I am glad that you have found the solution. I have added it to our list of possible improvements. However, you should not expect its implementation soon.

К сожалению, у вас не достаточно прав для просмотра данного текста

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)