Filter geofence notification (in/out) when vehicle is ignition ON.

(06/12/2021 21:56:05 отредактировано orlo_26)

Тема: Filter geofence notification (in/out) when vehicle is ignition ON.

Hi All,

I would like to know if it is possible to filter the geofence notifications (inside/outside) to work ONLY when ignition is ON.

Client is getting some fake notifications at night when vehicle is in garage and ignition OFF.

So, I need these notifications to work only when ignition is ON.

BTW. I have tried adding the sensor in Advanced Options BUT, it seems it does not work like this. Since with this configuration, every time the driver  turns ON the ignition out of the geofence the notification is triggered. (Please see attached image)

Thanks so much for all your help!

• Filter geofence notification (in/out) when vehicle is ignition ON.

Re: Filter geofence notification (in/out) when vehicle is ignition ON.

I also faced the same problem and had the same requirement like you described
But it seems that currently it is not possible to make geofence notification work ONLY when ignition is ON.

For this scenario the best setting for the notification will be:

Set up the "Geofence" without additional settings such as sensor value or speed. In this case you will receive notification only when the unit will exit or enter the geofence. Also try to put some value (eg: 3 min) in the "minimum duration for the alarm state". In that case notification wouldn't trigger by accident due to "jump" of coordinates.

Re: Filter geofence notification (in/out) when vehicle is ignition ON.

Hello orlo_26, vkjain!

Sorry, that for so long there was no answer from our side.

The notification is triggered by the main type of state change, that is, when using notifications about a geofence (inside / not a geofence), the geofence is checked first, and only after those additional parameters (speed, sensor values) are checked. In this case, a different order is required - first the speed/sensor value, and then the geofence.

We already have such a task in the list of proposals for product development, but so far I cannot give you an exact timeline for the implementation of such functionality.

As soon as I have news, I will immediately let you know in this thread.

Thanks for your request!

К сожалению, у вас не достаточно прав для просмотра данного текста

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon