Feature Request - Geofence Report with Initial Location Included

Тема: Feature Request - Geofence Report with Initial Location Included

I would like to suggest a feature add-on.

When creating a report based on the Geofences Table, I would like to include the Street where the unit crossed into the Geofence, the Initial Location.

• Feature Request - Geofence Report with Initial Location Included

Re: Feature Request - Geofence Report with Initial Location Included

Dear ATalledo,

Thank you for your request!

Could you please describe your case in more details? Why do you need streets? What are geofences in your case stand for? Why it is important for you to know the street while crossing the geofence?

As a quick suggestion from my side I recommend trying to use the report "Visited Streets" which shows what streets were visited and when. You could read more about it here https://help.wialon.com/help/wialon-hos … ed-streets

Looking forward to your reply.

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)

Hello Mapa, thank you for your reply!

We have customers who use the Geofence Report for Fuel Tax purposes, a report that’s needed for the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA).
Currently, we have Geofences for each of the US States and provide our customers with a report on the number of miles driven in each state. Recently, we have begun to receive requests from our customers to include the street where they cross each state's border. We are using the Visited Streets in conjunction with our Geofence report, however, it would be beneficial if we could include the ‘Initial Location’ on the Geofence report to have all these data points cleanly on one report.

Dear ATalledo,

Thank you for the provided details, however it is still unclear why your customers need streets in that reports? Could you please clarify that?

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

Hello Mapa

Thank you for the reply.

If our customers were to be audited on their International Fuel Tax Agreement, they will have to provide proof of where they crossed over each border. Currently, we have the visited streets report as a backup, however, it has been requested from customers if we can list the street, Initial Location, simply on the Geofence report. This way it limits them from having to reference two separate reports.

ATalledo thank you!

Now I understand the core need for this request. I will add your request to the list of possible improvements in the future. Once there are any updates on that - I will let you know.

I want you also know that we have previously received request which may solve the problem you face at the moment. It was requested that when the option "Use geofences for addresses" is enabled - the address is not fully changed in the "Address" column, and both the address and geofence should be added as separate columns in the report. Let me know if that solution will suit your needs as well.

Also it may be helpful for you to try to use Geofences filtration for Trips table in the reports. Thus, there will be a column with address and filtration will leave only those trips which were in within the filtrated geofence. More you can read by following the link https://help.wialon.com/help/wialon-hos … filtration

К сожалению, у вас не достаточно прав для просмотра данного текста

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

Hello Mapa,

I wanted to check in to see if there are any updates to this feature request?

Also, on your suggestion, I do not see an "Address" column available in the Geofence report. Would that column possibly be named something else?

I want you also know that we have previously received request which may solve the problem you face at the moment. It was requested that when the option "Use geofences for addresses" is enabled - the address is not fully changed in the "Address" column, and both the address and geofence should be added as separate columns in the report. Let me know if that solution will suit your needs as well.

ATalledo,

At the moment we have no plans in adding the requested improvement.

The specified setting is available for all tables within the "Unit" and "Unit group" types of reports. Thus, you could use it for the Geofences table of the Unit type of the report. Please see the setting in the screenshot: the setting is available in the Settings tab of the whole report template - under the Address separator.

It is not available for the Geofences type of the report, though.

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst