Total weight calculation in trips report

Тема: Total weight calculation in trips report

I just observed an interesting fact when working with reports.
I have created a report for 1 client and in the trips section I added lots of infos . On the last Column I added parameter Weight This parameter represent the weight that truck had on each trip.

On the last row of the report (the "Total" row)  I observed that the report adds up all these values ( from individual trips) and puts that value on the last line. This is not correct from my perspective.

Imagine you load a truck in Kiev with 20 tones and sends it to Athens.
When you run your trips report most probably you will have several lines there with infos between parking points. When you check the total (the last bold line) you expect to find total distance + average consumption and Maybe average weight, not a sum of all weights from each individual trip.

I highlighted this topic at support team and they say that this is the way it was meant to be, and .. it s OK.

OK, it might be for local transport scenarios where 1 trip = 1 A to B delivery. but in international transport where an A to B delivery can take 2-3 days, with several Parking brakes, adding all this  is useless.

Pls tell me guys what do you think abut this.

Thanks
   Tony

Re: Total weight calculation in trips report

Hello Tony tonym,

Your request is absolutely clear and logical. I totally agree with you that it is not always correct to calculate the sum of all the rows in the Total line for the cargo weight.

In particular, there are questions about how the Total line works not only for this parameter, but also for many others (for example, Time, Mileage and others). In addition, some parameters may require different logic for calculating the Total line in different cases - some need an average value, some need a sum, or just a dash. There are different requests from different clients, so we have already created a task to analyze the possibility of adding a choice of function/method of calculation to the Total line.

We don't have a timeline for implementation yet, as plans are already in place for the near future, but as soon as there is news I will let you know as soon as possible in this thread.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

(05/02/2021 14:03:50 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Re: Total weight calculation in trips report

Hello tonym, you can support a topic that its about the total field right here:

https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=17522

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br