User Experience: Dealing with Time

Тема: User Experience: Dealing with Time

Hello,
I just have some feedback from dealing with time when generating reports and other stuff inside the platform.
Maybe could be inserted a new screen when selecting the time, like we have in my.wialon.com, for example.
Please, look the screenshots.
This makes it much easier when selecting intervals.

Thank you!

• User Experience: Dealing with Time
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Re: User Experience: Dealing with Time

Hi Fernando Brochetto!

Hope you are doing great! smile

Do you mean that the digits should be bigger in the calendar's pop up? Or we should make it possible to input time in the separate pop up?
Do you use a tablet or mobile device and it is not convenient for you because of that?

The difference between time in my.wialon.com and wialon hosting is that in my.wialon.com there are separate fields for hours and minutes while in wialon the time is a part of the whole calendar pop up. We could not make time in the calendar as pop up since calendar is displayed as a pop up. Moreover, my.wialon.com does not contain calendar

P.S. Did you know that by scrolling while your mouse is hovering the digits of the time - the time is changing?

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)

(15/09/2020 15:22:10 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello mapa yes I'm great, thank you! How are you?

Do you mean that the digits should be bigger in the calendar's pop up? Or we should make it possible to input time in the separate pop up?

Perhaps even changing the calendar's design, because last month I've used some excel files to copy and paste times to generate reports faster, so if it was separated, some partners would be harmed.

Do you use a tablet or mobile device and it is not convenient for you because of that?

Yes, I've already did some other suggestions because when you use laptop, its quite of difficult to do some actions in the platform, selecting hh:mm its annoying.

P.S. Did you know that by scrolling while your mouse is hovering the digits of the time - the time is changing?

Yess. But for laptops using touchpads, it doesn't change anything att all hahaha.
Please, take a look in some other designs.

Fernando Brochetto

Thank you Fernando Brochetto!

Could you please provide detailes about that:

so if it was separated, some partners would be harmed.

How some partners would be harmed? 

I have added your request to the ticket which is dedicated to improving the whole calendar. Once there are any changes in its status - we will let you know additionally.

Please let me know if there are any other questions or concerns.

К сожалению, у вас не достаточно прав для просмотра данного текста

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

Hello mapa,
This is an example that has happened to me, so I think other partners have already used something like this too.
I needed to know when the counters of the units were changed, so I created a report for the user to know when the alterations were done.
I did this because some counters were wrongly changed, so I had to recalculate the counters since this change.
With today's format, I was able to copy and paste the times to generate reports faster.

Fernando Brochetto

Thank you Fernando Brochetto, now I got your point!

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst