JOBS & NOTIFICATION select devices by other search criteria

Тема: JOBS & NOTIFICATION select devices by other search criteria

Hello,

by managing devices from different brands and of different models it will be usefull to have more search criteria in JOB and NOTIFICATION capable to filter out the units.
For example, in order to deploy a new setup parameter to all the units of that specific model, it will be nice to have a search criteria capable to do that.
like is it now in the CMS when searching the units.

most of the time JOBS and NOTIFICATIONS has to be applied to many devices and having this searching option will help a lot.
to facilitate myself I've created many groups specificly per brand/model, were I've added all the correspondant units.
at this point it will be easy to create a JOB to apply to that group because of the model, or any other customer's group.

regards
Ezio D.

Re: JOBS & NOTIFICATION select devices by other search criteria

Good day, edozio!
You've already said that you have a solution. Unit groups using is the most practical and correct decision in your case.
Why is this inconvenient for you?

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hello,

Customizing jobs and notification with groups is the recommended way to use these tools. This is kind of automatization when you add new units to a group they automatically start to be monitored in jobs&notifications.

We will note your request to add new filters. It is possible to add them. But I recommend you continue working with groups.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hello,

The request is to add the possibility to use another search criteria instead of the full list of devices as it is now.
I've grouped the devices by creating specfic groups, and we may also talk about the possibility to nesting the group in a kind of tree like group/sub-group, and when creating a new job instead of scroll all the devices looking for the proprer one, it will be nice to select them by group or any other search filter like is it available now in the CMS for the "unit search".

recently I had to do a massive config change of devices in charge to different customers, in this case while preparing the job a more powerfull filtering/search tool will be more than welcome; up to now I had to scroll the entire list of devices and flag it one by one.

best regards

(25/09/2019 11:08:27 отредактировано mana)

Hello, edozio!
You can switch to groups and select those for which you want to set up a notification or create a job (i attach a screenshot).

As Tata said earlier we will note your request and expand the list of filters as soon as possible.
This request has low priority now. The situation may change if more partners support your idea

• JOBS & NOTIFICATION select devices by other search criteria
Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hello,
does this mean that you will not implement a search filter for example "Device Type" or "Custom field" or so

regards
Ezio

Hello.
We don't plan to expand a search filter in the near future, as the task currently does not have support from other partners.
When we get a request we should prove it has business value for our partners. Now it looks like new filters have a little business value. The situation may change if more partners support your idea.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon