Essential changes in Locator

Тема: Essential changes in Locator

Locator is gaining popularity. As more and more people use the tool, the number of inquiries for advanced functionality increases.
We carefully analyzed all the received offers to understand how to upgrade Locator. June was a month of important changes for the tool.

Here are the features added:

• Sensors visualization. If additionally to geofences and tracks sensor masks are checked in settings, the list will show time from the last message sent, unit last location, sensor masks and colors (if chosen).
  • Building a track for several units
  • Displaying the time of link expiration

The new features were designed to make the process of providing information fast and comfortable. You can now share not only the unit location, but also any sensor parameters e.g. temperature inside the reefer container, cargo weight, engine turnovers, passenger flow etc.

Try the novelties in Wialon Hosting Beta and give your opinion.

Gurtam Marketing Department

Re: Essential changes in Locator

yuab, I can't use new Locator in our account with Beta branch, Locator is still same as was

Sensors masks should be set up before you open link. I've attached screenshot where you can find them.
If you have no such dialog in hosting.wialon.com(Beta), please, let me know

• Essential changes in Locator
Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Super COOL !!
Love the feature that we can choose what sensors to show smile

Would be nice if we can see the sensor values on Mobile Browsers as well

GREAT WORK.

Sint

ysv пишет:

Would be nice if we can see the sensor values on Mobile Browsers as well

In mobile browsers there must be button Sensors/Map for view mode switching. If not, tell about your mobile os, browser and version.

Hello ,
I dont see the Sensors button ,
Using Android (Chrome browser)

Sint

Okay ,I created new Locator link from "dev.hosting.wialon.com" and it shows the sensors
Very nice .
Thank you.

Sint

and any chance to get "tracks" shown automaticaly? as a switch in Link?
We talked about it here already...

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

wwbusch aka Buwo there is a parameter

&build_tracks=all 

for showing all tracks. However, that is not advised to use it on a large number of units or time requests.

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam

Now it's available:
you may leave a request to support@gurtam.com to change the logo of Locator (size 32x32 px) to your custom logo of the main web page.

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam

Is it possible to have a particular map like OpenStreetMap be the default map instead of Gurtam /WebGIS map when i define the Locator link ?

jonasf_ph пишет:

Is it possible to have a particular map like OpenStreetMap be the default map instead of Gurtam /WebGIS map when i define the Locator link ?

If you open the link after creating and select OpenStreetMap, url will contain &map=OpenStreetMap, and if you share this url, OpenStreetMap will be default map.

Ah ok thanks for the info.

I was hoping though for a way to do it from the window where we define the Locator link.  It would save time and be more convenient for our clients.

Hello,

I have a couple of enhancement ideas:

1) Add the coordinates of the unit under the address, or in a place where they are easy to be copied. Our customers need to copy the exact position of the unit. Addresses do not give the exact position. Users of the locator link, copy the coordinates in different other software programs (registering the position of the unit on different transportation websites), and they do this many times, and they need the process to be very fast. So a simple 44.8496369 24.8473487 (latitude & longitude on the same line) under the address would be great. I have attached a concept image.

2) Show the list of units on the left, even if no sensor mask is added.

Thanks.

Andrei-Lucian Șerb
C.E.O.
Acron Management
(Acron Electronics Rofleet S.R.L.)

A possible option for thought of use of Locator link for customer service - Automation?

We are seeing a lot of our customers utilsing Locator for Customer Service particularly service trades & deliveries. Currently they manually set up and send their customers a Locator link as an update for them to know the service tech/driver is approximately 1 hour away.

Maybe possible option to set this to automatically trigger and send Locator link to customers based on distance or time - similar to Notifications and Geofences....?

Thanks.

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

Hi lucian.serb,

1) Ok, we will take into account your proposal on the next update of Locator.
2) You may show the list of all units on the left-hand side if you write the name of the non-existing sensor when creating the locator link.

Best,

Pavel

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam

Hi FleetPursuit!

We are thinking about adding 'send locator link' as one of the actions available in creating notifications. I will count your proposal towards that idea.

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam

Hi Pavel Bushuyeu

That's great news about the coordinates. Our clients will be very happy.

About the unit list, I can see that I can enter a simple space in the Sensor Mask location, and it works. But I think it would be a better user experience if that would not be necessary. If you think about it, the list of units together with their address (and coordinates) is not necessarily connected with the device sensors.
This is not a big problem at the moment. It is more of an inconvenience. It would just be nice if in a future update this improvement can be implemented.

Thank you.

Andrei-Lucian Șerb
C.E.O.
Acron Management

lucian.serb your point of view is heard.
Would you please also share how exactly your customers would further use lat-long after copying it from Locator. What do they do prior to copying,  where the coordinates are supposed to be passed to, etc.?

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam

(20/09/2017 17:58:51 отредактировано lucian.serb)

Pavel Bushuyeu Our customers use sites like http://www.htg-express.com/vehiculos-proveedor/?lang=en and others, where they get connected with people that need delivery services. Sometimes, when they don't have the necessary vehicles, they hire another company, we add the vehicles of those companies to Wialon, and our customers give out temporary links to those companies (they don't allow us to give them access to Wialon). The site above, is used to update the position of the vehicle, so that HTG Express can know where the vehicle is situated. Our customers have to manually copy the coordinates in the HTG Express system. They can copy the coordinates directly from Wialon, but the companies they hire only have access to the Locator link, and they can't copy the coordinates, because they don't have access to them inside of the Locator link.
This copy action needs to be easy to do, because they need to update the position many times a day.
Hope this is not very confusing smile
If there is more information necessary, I will gladly provide what I can.

Andrei-Lucian Șerb
C.E.O.
Acron Management

lucian.serb thanks for the detailed reply. The use case is understood.

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam