ACL report

Тема: ACL report

Hi Gurtam team

Is it possible to add ACL report table for all possible objects in reports?

ACL report

Re: ACL report

hhamedk, please clarify your request.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

ACL report

(28/12/2016 20:07:53 отредактировано hhamedk)

alek, Thank you for early response in holidays and merry Xmas to you all in Gurtam community!
Some customers asked us a report that show Access Control List in a table. for example for Unit or User we should have a table that shows ACL in a column and Yes/No in other column that shows if the User/Unit has mentioned access or not. another column may be ACL template name and such columns. We may have this table for other elements like Resources and...
Is it clear now or you need more explanation?

ACL report

hhamedk, is this really important to have such a report or maybe it will be enough just to be able to export ACL flags directly from unit/user/resource dialog?

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

ACL report

(03/01/2017 21:54:13 отредактировано hhamedk)

Alek, this is not any reason to have such report for me personally, i just shared what an important customer asked us. You know when a customer want to migrate from a platform to another, likes to have all functions that experienced in old platform plus new functions. I know that it's just a habit that they have from their old platform. if you have any idea please share with me.

ACL report

hhamedk, I fully understand that this is not your own idea))
My question was about desired implementation. There can be two possible ways:
1. ACL report as a part of Wialon reports module.
2. ACL data to be exported to a file directly from the properties dialog of a unit or a user.
It doesn't mean we are ready to implement either if them, but it means that we are trying to understand better your client's needs and propose most appropriate solution in case this idea is approved.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

ACL report

alek, what they want is 1st option

ACL report

alek, any update on this case?

ACL report

hhamedk,
It seems there is no interest to this kind of report from other Wialon users.
So, we'll leave it for now.

Anyway, all ACL can be observed either from unit's or user's perspective in corresponding dialogues.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam